In choosing a reliable debt relief company, you first need to understand what debt relief options are available to you. Your chioices largely depend on the type of debt that you have and the amount you owe. I suggest that if you are unsure, go to my simple debt relief options grid or watch my debt relief information video to get a better understanding.
Once you have reviewed your choices and you understand the options available to you, you need to evaluate the companies closely. Unfortunately the debt relief industry is largely under-regulated in many states so you must be aware of the right questions to ask.
1. How long have they been in business?
2. How many clients do they have?
3. How is customer service handled?
4. Is all the debt reduction work done in-house or do they use 3rd party companies?
5. When you make you 1 monthly payment, who holds and manages your money?
6. Do they have access to lawyers in those rare cases where it may be needed?
7. Do you have a dedicated account representative?
8. What percentage of their clients complete the program?
These are some important questions to ask. You must understand that becoming debt free is a process and that the company you choose must be right for you. You need to be comfortable with their answers and realize that your decision will be one that you will make for the long term.
I have evaluated many companies and I provide free advice as to which companies I believe are reliable. You can follow these links to learn more about debt settlement companies and debt management companies but understand that you still need to do your own evaluation and form your own opinion as I do not know the specifics of your situation or your needs. The most important thing is that you educate yourself.